To love our kids is to give them 100%


The Love Our Kids Blog is where Adriel, Jeriel, mama and papa like to hang out whenever we have something to share with each other.

It's a journal about us...how we live, what we do, where we go...and many more.

The blog will keep you up-to-date with how the kids are doing and growing, parenting tips we learn along the way, and some recent pictures...



Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Spanking!

Something was really wrong with me today. My head was hot and my heart was pounding fast. I could almost feel that smoke would burst out from my eyes, nose and ears! I was extremely frustrated and angry with my 2 kids so much so that I spanked both of them in 2 occasions today!

After having done much of the housework and prepared lunch for the kids, I was up in the room for awhile. This was when Jeriel noticed me not in the living room nor the kitchen downstairs. He shouted for me and then cried out loud. It didn't matter how soon I answered him and notified him where I was, he kept crying and shouting. That's when I couldn't control my anger and spanked him twice at his backside.

He stopped immediately and looked at me pitifully. I knew what I had done was wrong but at that time what I needed was a quiet and peaceful time. This first spanking left me with bad mood after that, although Jeriel was pretty much himself again.

By 3pm, I thought of getting the kids to do some reading and coloring. I gave a coloring book for Jeriel to color and taught Adriel the Sukukata. Adriel's BM is very weak and he has difficulties to read
even the basic Sukukata.

At first Adriel was quite ok, but he turned defiant after awhile. He refused to read anymore, and our reading session lasted not even for 10 minutes. That's when my patience ran thin. I gave him a good spank and sent him to the back room.

I was upset with all the kid's misbehaviors, and I was exhausted. I regretted to spank my 2 kids and my heart ache after doing so. I went to the back room to check on Adriel later and asked him to read on his own instead of me teaching him. He promptly obeyed.

In the evening I took them to the park, and everything was back to normal. Adriel and Jeriel played happily in the playground. I was relieved that they were laughing again. As mama, I love them very much and promised to myself not to repeat my silly act again.

No comments: