To love our kids is to give them 100%


The Love Our Kids Blog is where Adriel, Jeriel, mama and papa like to hang out whenever we have something to share with each other.

It's a journal about us...how we live, what we do, where we go...and many more.

The blog will keep you up-to-date with how the kids are doing and growing, parenting tips we learn along the way, and some recent pictures...



Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First Day Of School...continue...

Finally the students were asked to walk into their respective classrooms. Upon reaching Adriel's classroom, I kept my fingers crossed how Adriel would act if we were to leave him alone in the classroom.

Adriel's First Day Of School

I talked to him gently that I would leave the classroom. He asked me to stay but I reasoned to him that parents were not allowed to be in the class. As I walked out, he burst into tears. Hmm...why my boy???

I knew that the longer I stayed beside him, the harder for him to let me go. As the teacher came over to pacify him, I walked out without looking back. Was I doing the right thing? I wondered.

Half an hour later, I peeped into the class, he's still crying. An hour later, he's still crying...when would he be going to stop?

My heart was melting at that moment. What sort of mama I am to leave him alone in somewhere he's not familiar with? You hope that he can get along well with the teacher, the rest of the kids and that he likes his class and school...but hey, it's his first day in school!

I walked into the classroom to sit beside him. He was relieved to see me and stopped crying immediately (yup, immediately). I don't care what other parents would think of me, I just want my boy to feel safe, to know that I'm there when he needs me most.

And The First Day of School is supposed to be fun!

Adriel's First Day Of School

I'm glad what I did. He then paid attention to the teacher and seemed settled immediately (yup, again, immediately). We went to the canteen to have our tea break soon after. I rewarded him for being good by getting him his favorite grape drinks.

The rest of the day was just unbelievable...Adriel's was remarkably good in the class without me beside him. He even approached the teacher to talk to her something.

Even those parents who shook their heads earlier on seeing him cry and me in the class again shook their heads...they said my hero had finally in extremely good mood after almost 2 hours of crying!

Yup, my hero has finally overcome his fear of being alone in a new environment without his dearest ones around. Am I proud that he has finally stepped out his first step without me holding his hands...

No comments: